Any externally visible damage from external cause which impedes functioning. Cosmetic damages are not covered unless it affects the functioning of the device.
DG Shield repair covers the labour, parts and associated charges, including transportation costs towards repair and re-installation of the appliance on site, necessary to repair the product subject to the exclusions listed as below. Incase repair of the product / appliance is not feasible DG Shield covers the cost of replacement of the product by replacing with the same product or similar product of equivalent value or through Gift Vouchers of the retailer of the same value upon customer paying 10% of original product value. Repair and replacement will be valid within GCC countries only.
REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE DURING MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
Any defect diagnosed as “Manufacturing fault” by the authorised service center will classify for replacement. The verification process and transaction will take seven days.
- No liability is accepted towards losses which are covered under the electronics appliance manufacturer’s warranty.
- Loss or damage caused by wear and tear or normal deterioration.
- Any defect that is not initially covered by the manufacturer or supplier warranty, except those covered under damage protection clause.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning, lubrications, adjustments or alignments, overhaul, modiﬁcation and de-scaling.
- Any defect caused as a result of improper usage, negligence, transit/transportation damage and willful misuse.
- Loss or damage caused by extraneous perils such as ﬁre, explosion, flood, earthquake, accident, sand, water or other natural calamities.
- Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes/perils.
- Video/audio head, plugs, batteries, control knobs, connecting cords, remote control, cartridges, cabinets, smart cards, dust bags, air/water filters, fuses, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, related starters, attachments, cables, light covers or rain covers and other consumables as applicable.
- Data/hardware corruption arising due to computer virus infection.
- Modiﬁcation/alteration of any sort made to circuitry, original design of the appliance.
- When the serial/model number of the set has been tampered with or removed.
- Any defect cause by usage of wrong power supply, voltage, video head cleaning, corrosion, rust or stains or any problem with supply of electricity, gas or water.
- Any appliance, which has been used for commercial or rental purposes.
- Should necessary spare parts for repair be subject to import restrictions of a country resulting in delay in repairs, there will be no liability on Sharaf DG store arising out of such delay.
- Appliances being recalled by the manufacturer.
- Claims arising from the failure to follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cosmetic damage including but not limited to damage to paintwork or dents or scratches.
- Costs due to rust, corrosion.
- Unauthorized repairs performed by third parties.
- Loss or damage to recording media, software or data, software defects or software generated problems.
- Any loss or damage to a person or property, direct, consequential or incidental damages arising from the use of or inability to use the appliance.
- Accessories are not covered under the DG Shield plan.
- Software, including the operating system and software added to the appliance, third party software or the reloading software.
- Replaceable printer heads.
- Previously repaired by a non-approved service center or service agent including case changes and the like.
- Loss of stored data during the process of dismantling for repairs.
- TV, Home Theatre, Media Players and Home Appliances
- Air filters, evaporator coils, condenser coils, gas charging, circuit breakers, voltage stabilizers, scanners, remote controls, sheet metal parts, thermocol parts and all plastic parts.
- Incomplete installation or incorrect operation or incorrect voltage and excessive use and maintenance, cleaning or damage resulting from failure to perform normal maintenance as outlined in the owner’s manual.
- Any food or medicine loss due to product failure.
- Coverage is only provided on split and window air-conditioners up to capacity.
Cancellations of this plan may be made by the purchaser within days from the date of purchase for any reason upon the original invoice at the store of purchase. The DG Shield certificate has to be returned at the time of cancellation.
- While you may simply walk into your nearest Sharaf DG store or service partner outlet with mobility products, we will come to you for non-mobility products like big panels, fridges/washing machines/dishwashers.
- Customer must report the problem to Sharaf DG customer care within (5) five days failing which the DG Shield plan will not be applicable.
- Ensure it isn’t something you can correct yourself.
- Kindly retain a copy of the invoice and certificate when you bring the faulty/damaged product to customer care of any Sharaf DG store. For onsite products, please register complaint on DG HELP (800344357)
- In case of theft by force entry, customer has to produce:
- FIR report with incident description.
- Photographs validating the incident.
- Fraud: All benefits of DG Shield Plan are lost if a fraudulent declaration or claim is made. In case of claim, repair or replacement would be done within 7 to 14 days after submission of device.